School Junior iPad Program (Year 7 Only)
Our world is changing more rapidly than at any other time with the influence of technology spreading to touch every aspect of our lives. Queensland children and young people are ready to engage in this exciting future.
Technology is everywhere - entwined in almost every part of our culture. It affects how we live, work, play, and most importantly learn. With mobile and other wireless devices like the IoT (Internet of Things) becoming an increasing requirement across every industry today, it only makes sense that Beenleigh SHS makes effective use of technology in the classroom.
All Year 7 students at Beenleigh SHS will use iPads to personalise and enrich their learning experience. The most cost effective and preferred option for this is through the School Managed iPad Program. Families also have the option of a BYOD iPad that meets the requirements of the school and has the correct peripherals and applications. BYOD devices are not managed, updated or monitored by the school.
- Single device option that meets the requirements of all subject options
- Peripherals including charger, screen protector and case with Bluetooth keyboard
- Connected to the school network before handover – no action required for access to school network, internet and printing
- Full payment (or payment plan in place) required prior to collection
- Option of device that meets the appropriate subject requirements
- Minimum Requirement - iPad (9th Gen) 10.2 inch Wi-Fi 64GB
- Requires enrolment in school BYOD program to access network, internet and printing
- Requires Bluetooth Keyboard and case
- Apps are required to be installed outside of school and at cost to parent/guardian
- School does not manage or monitor this device
Daily operation BYOD vs School Managed
It is important to understand how to use the iPads within the school environment. Plus it is important to understand the differences between BYO and School managed iPad usage.
Please remember that school managed iPads are part of the system. They will automatically connect to Wi-Fi, printers etc. as this is built-in to the system. BYO devices have no such capability. Therefore they will need to be connected to our systems manually.