The Beenleigh State High School Rugby League Academy is a program aimed at fostering holistic athletic development of talented students in the area of Rugby League.
The program aims to promote conduct, knowledge and skills, benefiting the students in their performance of rugby league and other sports; academic and vocational pursuits; and personal development and to develop young people through interactions based on personal challenge, collaborative group work and team dynamics.
In the Academy, each student receives timetabled curriculum classes to develop their skills and knowledge in rugby league. They also have access to:
- High quality coaching and player development.
- Participation in high standard schoolboys and girls competitions (Broncos Cup, Titans Cup & Logan Schoolboys Competition).
- Beenleigh SHS competes in the tier 1 Broncos Cup, reserved for elite Rugby League Schools.
- Access to a newly developed gym with individualised strength and conditioning programs.
- A travelling tour which includes games, team building exercises and player growth opportunities.
- Rugby League application of theoretical concepts such as strength and conditioning programs, nutrition, injury management, coaching, officiating and personal development.
- Students are also provided pathways into Wynnum Manly Seagulls development programs
- Participation in the fastest developing Rugby League Program in South-East Queensland.
To apply for The Rugby League Academy students must:
Complete the application form
Complete the enrolment form
Attach a copy of latest school report
Attach an endorsement letter from a referee or coach
For more details regarding the Rugby League Academy program please contact Head of Physical Education & Sport, Mr David Roberts on firstname.lastname@example.org
All students are welcome to participate in extra-curricular rugby league training and competitions. In the below table is a list of the training details and coach contact information.